Silva Retirement Talk On Hold – For Now

As Octagon Buzz had reported on Monday, UFC fighter Anderson Silva had told a Brazilian network that he planned to retire some time in 2009; apparently that is not the case as Silva’s manager told several MMA forums that Silva will not be retiring within the next year, adding,

“I can guarantee you Anderson will not be retiring within the next year. He still has 6 fights on his contract.”

As it were, Silva will be facing Patrick Cote at UFC 90, meaning that 5 fights would remain on his contract.  But as I had previously stated previously, should Silva retire, it would leave a big void in the UFC as Silva is for all intents and purposes the face of the UFC.  In addition, it would leave a huge void in the 185-pound division not to mention that buy rates would suffer, as a result.  When more definitive news about any Silva retirement becomes available, Octagon Buzz will have it for you, along with daily, up-to-date MMA news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Octagon Buzz via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply

Write For Us